Buying a home can sound like a daunting task, but we have listed below a great list of steps and expectations for your home purchase.
- Know your Credit History
- A mortgage Lender will help you determine how much home you can afford and if you need to do anything to prepare for a home purchase.
- Calculate expenses
- Carefully analyzing your expenses and debt will help you to determine if you are ready to purchase a home.
- Gathering Docs
- You will need to have tax returns, financial statements, and other documents to provide your lender
- Finding a Lender
- A mortgage lender is very important in the home buying process. They will guide you through the transaction, answer any questions you have, and generally will give your experience clarity. We are happy to provide you with names of reputable mortgage lenders.
- Getting Pre-Approved
- Once you have met with your mortgage lender, and provided all documents necessary, you will receive a pre-approval letter. You will need to keep this letter handy to prove your buying potential.
FINDING YOUR NEW HOME
- Find a REALTOR
- A good REALTOR is your most valuable asset when searing for your home, and working through the minute details of the home buying process. Contact us for more information on good REALTOR’s in Amarillo.
- Research Area
- Researching the areas of interest will help determine the best neighborhoods, and knowing your favorite will save you a lot of time!
- View In Person
- Once you have a general area and a list of homes you would like to see, schedule with your REALTOR to view them in person. Your realtor should also be able to help you determine what you are looking for, and be able to direct you to the homes that fit your criteria.
- Make An Offer
- When you have found the perfect home, it’s time to make an offer. Talk to your realtor about the details of the contract offer.
- At this point, there are many details that will need to be negotiated into the sales contract. Your Realtor will walk you through this and help you understand options.
PURCHASING YOUR NEW HOME
- Once negotiations have been finalized, it’s time to begin the process
- Earnest Money
- Earnest Money is a form of “good faith” money that goes with your contract offer to let the seller’s know you are serious.
- Home inspections are very important. Make sure you or your realtor hire a great inspector.
- The appraisal is a necessary step that is required by your lender to determine the proper value of the home.
- Closing the Transaction
Once you have completed the steps above, it is time to schedule your closing. your lender, escrow officer, and realtor will help you with final details of the closing process.
The day of closing, you will receive the keys to your NEW HOME! If you are purchasing a home from Sand Creek, you will also receive a detailed packet describing your home warranty.